Out Of Province & Out of Country Travel
| the benefits | how it works | what's best for you | request a quote |
DCM benefits has available a fully insured travel insurance product designed to cover losses arising from sudden and unforeseeable circumstances occurring while you are temporarily traveling outside your province or territory of residence.
(Make sure to always carry your Provincial Health card with you when traveling!)
This competitively priced product is very valuable when self-funding a group health program, as the cost associated with medical expenses incurred outside of your province may be extremely high.
This product is available to group of any industry, with a minimum of just five lives. However, certain high risk industries, such as trucking must be quoted separately. Our product provides 60 day coverage and covers from dollar one with an overall maximum of $5,000,000 per coverage period per insured person.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Hospital Accommodation;
- Physician Charges;
- Paramedical Services;
- Ambulance Services;
- Private Duty Nurse;
- Emergency Air Transportation.
This product is underwritten through Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA) and administered by RSA Travel Insurance Inc.
The policy covers expenses that are:
- Incurred outside the province or territory of residence of the insured person
- Medically necessary
- Reasonable and customary costs
- Incurred as a result of an emergency due to sudden and unforeseen sickness and /or injury occurring during coverage period
- In excess of those covered by the Government Health Insurance Plan or other insurance under which you are covered; and
- Legally insurable
How it Works
- In the event of a sickness and/or injury likely to give rise to an emergency, members must give immediate notice to Global Excel. Global Excel is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and accessible worldwide.
- Benefit information is available to members and to the medical providers who are treating them.
- Emergency assistance numbers are found on the wallet card issued to each member.
- Detailed Schedule of Benefits is provided to each individual member insured with the group.
What's Best for You
The trip length can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Contact us book an appointment with one of our representatives. We can help you choose what is best for you.
Request a Quote