| the benefits | how it works | what's best for you | request a quote |
Our stop loss product is a risk transfer product which is underwritten by RSA and administered by RSA Travel Insurance Inc.
Stop-loss enables an employer to "safely" self-fund their group health benefits by providing a fully insured product that transfers liability to an insurer once health claims have reached a pre-selected threshold. By limiting the employers' financial risk, they can self-fund their health benefits worry free.
Our product is available to employers of any industry in any province with a minimum of five lives. In Nova Scotia as a member of the PHBA (Private Health Business Association), our product is available to select companies with less than five lives.
Stop loss thresholds begin as low as $5,000 per person and then increase to $7500.00. Higher limits are available upon request. Stop loss for groups under five is underwritten by Manulife Financial. The deductible is $4500.00 and coverage for pharmaceuticals is unlimited.
Our product ensures that the major health costs such as prescription drugs; private duty nursing and hospital accommodations are covered to reasonable limits thereby providing assurance that employees receive coverage for any catastrophic concerns. The DCM system tracks all information pertinent to the stop loss benefit.
DCM benefits is provided with the stop loss pricing, application and contract which aids in producing quick, branded quotes.
- Coverage protects against large claims from any one individual or dependent
- Aggregate limit of one million dollars per policy year
- Stop Loss levels: $5,000, $7,500, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000, or $25,000.
- For groups fewer than 5 employees down to 1, Stop Loss level or deductible is $4,500 with unlimited coverage for prescriptions. Individual underwriting required.
How it Works
- Once the deductible level is satisfied by an individual or dependent, the liability is transferred to the insurance company, in effect, determining the policyholder’s liability limit.
- Groups over 5 employees also have Out of Province and Out of Country coverage that covers from the first dollar to 5 million dollars per 60 day trip.
What's Best for You
What is best for you depends on:
- Number of employees
- Limited company or incorporated
- Sole proprietor – self-insured
- Special needs
- Claims experience
- Location in Canada
- Out-of-country needs
Find out what is best for you by requesting a no obligation interview at your convenience.
Request a Quote